Monday, August 24, 2009

Cal-I-Forn-I-A

Last weekend the fam and Albert and I packed up and headed to Cali for the weekend before school started for most of them. I had already been student teaching for 2 weeks and Aubrey had been in school for 2 weeks too, but for the other 3 college kids it was a last hoorah! before school started. It was so fun. I am exhausted and don't feel like writing a lot (ya right, I always say that and end up writing a novel) so I'll let the pictorals do most of the talking.


I lalalalove the beach. We checked into the hotel and headed straight to huntington beach for a little bee bee que. PS I also enjoy this picture of me. I look so happy.
Don't mind my shiny boobs commonly called headlights when this happens.
More often than you think.
The flash just likes to reflect off my bra.
Aint no thang.

Nothing like a weenie roast and smores on the beach.






This is what la padre has to do when he offends la madre.
Grovel.


Feeling Free.
Ignore the headlights :)



This is what happens when you combine a crappy camera with moisture in the air.
My whole family minus Ashley.
Don't you love how my little sisters tower over me?



This is also what happens when Erik and Albert get together.
Their gay sides come out.


At night Amber read out of the scriptures to us.
I was listening, I promise.
I just documented it by taking pictures of everyone and of myself laying in bed looking sexy in pjs and no makeup. Love it




I love my husband. He makes me smile


I hope I'm as cute and still in love as my grandparents when I'm their age.


This is how I spent the whole day. In a lounge chair, watching my husband play,
workin' the floppy hat.
I'm not sure if I pulled off the look, but I sure enjoyed trying.



We rented beach cruisers and rode up and down Newport across the ferry to Balboa Island.
My dad rode tandem with his mom.
Adorable.





I love Newport Beach. There is ALWAYS something going on and some form of entertainment.
This old black fella stole my heart with his amazing rendition of Unchained Melody.
He was also a bit insane.

Old man+wind pipes+pocahontas music+little hip wiggle=entertainment at it's finest.

Newport Pier. I love this man.

I almost lost my hat to the wind. I took care of that.


Huntington Beach regular who hammers a nail into his nose.
Sick.
Yet I stayed and watched the entire thing.


And I'll end with this gem

It was a great weekend.
I was sad to come home and get back to reality.
Cali, I will be back SOON!

3 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Your pictures are so much fun, and the trip looks like a BLAST! :D

Sundevils said...

love the headlights ;)

Malia said...

Oh the hat looks awesome!!!

The beach party looks so fun. There is nothing better than family bonding time :)