Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Big Announcement

So...I'm a bit of a dork. I didn't like the way I told my family about being pregnant, because I thought it was a little lame. I have heard of so many cute ways people tell their families, but I just couldn't contain myself long enough to plan anything so I just told them that night. So when the time came to tell them the gender, I really wanted to do something cute. But then again it's ME we're talking about and I'm not that creative. So after 18 weeks I still couldn't come up with anything. This is how the morning went down:

*Find out it's a girl

*I decide I'm starving and must have a bagel from Einsteins NOW so we leave the doctor's to get one, and Albert tells me he's going to call his mom and tell her. We had decided not to tell anyone from my fam til that night so we could do something cute, but then when I actually found out I was so anxious and couldn't wait!

*Go get a pink It's A Girl balloon and surprise my mom at her work. She about peed her pants because she thought she was going to have to wait until that night. She convinces us to drive out to Phoenix and surprise my dad at his work. I already told my mom, so what the heck??

*Go to walmart and get this shirt: (We're a big D-Backs family)

*Drove out to Phoenix...dad was at lunch. We hung it on his door and hid in his office, then when he came back he was all surprised and happy and gave us hugs and congratulated Albert on not being able to make boys either.

*When we were at my parent's later that night, Albert accidentally slipped to my little sister that it was a girl. So she already knew, so did my parents. They all played it off for the other 2 sisters though and acted like they didn't know. My mom went a little overboard and actually got mad at them for not being on time because "she really wanted to find out!!!"

*We hung the shirt on our little chalkboard door and covered it with a sheet

*Albert guarded it with his life and wouldn't let anyone peek.

*Everyone waited and waited and finally everyone was there


*TADA!!! It's a girl! Hugs, screams, you know how it is...



So everyone was real excited. After having all girls in my family, we know girls....We can do this!

3 comments:

Heather said...

woo hoo!!!!! thats so cute!!! Can't wait to see her!!!!

Lizzie & Ty said...

That is too cute! You guys are going to be such great parents and fun ones at that! I can't wait to see her! I know she will be beautiful! I'm thinking she will have brown eyes and a ton of dark hair. Just a wild guess! hahaha...And I LOVE, love her name!

Barry and Karissa said...

That is so cute!! The Neels do know girls. Congrats!!!!