Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 17, 2009

Tomorrow, I graduate from ASU.
Can I have a quick minute to brag?
*I'm proud of myself.
*I'm 21, and graduating with my Bachelors Degree in Education.
*If you go straight to college out of high school and go full time every semester, that's normal. But so often college students switch majors/don't know what they want to do and it takes them longer. I was fortunate to know what I wanted to do since I was little, and just went after it.
*I also completed it in 3 and 1/2 years, instead of 4. I'm graduating a semester early.
*A few times I didn't want to do it anymore. I went through a rough patch in life and school definitely got put on the back burner on my list of priorities. My grades tanked, and it took A LOT of work to get them back up.
*I've learned a lot about myself through my years in college. I definitely don't have a lot of school spirit, and I don't bleed maroon and gold, but college in general has been good for me. It's helped me grow up.
*I love teaching. Maybe I won't teach right away, since I'm going the family route, but I know I do want to do it someday.
*As of tomorrow night at 9 pm, I will be a college graduate. The first in my family.
*I am proud of myself.
Please don't take this as conceited or snobbish or braggy. I think it's ok to be proud of yourself as long as you're not prideful. I'm just happy I'm at this point in my life. Share in my happiness :)

5 comments:

The Neels said...

You can "brag" all you want. You deserve it. We are very prould of you also. Way to go, Erica!!! We love you!!

Danielle Sherwood said...

So I just saw your last post and I had to say how adorable your pictures are! Kate really is extremely talented I love her work! Also congrats on graduating that really is amazing graduating at 21, I am one of those people that change their mind on a weekly basis. I should've stuck with my plan when I graduated 3 years ago!

kemra said...

You should be proud of yourself, girl! Congrats!!! I'm so proud of you - that is a huge accomplishment, and it will bless you & your family (whether or not you use it right away!!!). Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

justin & mallory coffman said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you really are amazing!!! Especially since you were pregnant and student teaching like a trooper! Love u girl!

Malia said...

congratulations :)