Thursday, March 18, 2010

Boob Juice

Oh how I love my body. Insert tone of sarcasm. For the past, oh, year and a half or so I've been having some chest pain. During my pregnancy it happened all. the. time. Well a couple weeks ago it happened a few times, really bad. Long story short, spent 8 hours in the ER, didn't find anything of course, and it was overnight so I had to leave Rubes with my sister while Albert and I were at the hospital. I didn't have a backup supply of milk so Miss Ruby had to take formula. SHE LOVED IT! Not. It was sooo sad! She would hardly take a bottle all night and because I had to have a cat scan I couldn't nurse for 2 days because of what they injected me with. So what I'm trying to say is, it was horrible. Poor little girl would look at me like I had betrayed her!
Fast forward to this past Tuesday. I had to have some follow up tests done on my galbladder to see if that's the perpetrator causing all this ruckus, and what did they have to do? Inject me with some radioactive crap again. So what happens to Miss Ruby? She goes on formula again. She does ok with just a bottle or two of formula if I have to leave her, but being on it straight does not agree with her little body. It goes all "Erica at 7 months pregnant" on her and she can't poop! I feel ya girl...I feel ya. No bueno. Anyway, today I was allowed to start nursing again, happy day!
Because I was really getting sad seeing faces like this when I couldn't give her what she wanted.
And I was SUPER happy to see faces like this when she got the boob juice!


GOT MILK?

7 comments:

The Neels said...

Love it!! You are definitely the hilarious one. Sorry Amber. Love, Mom

Alexa Mae said...

hahaha this is hilarious! love that face. she is darling.

Erica Ann said...

Dad said, "Boob Juice?"

julie thayne smith said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! ERICA!!!!! You got married and had a baby!!!!! AND graduated college!!! YOU are seriously AMAZING, WOMAN!!! I am so proud of you I can't stand it! Your little family is sooooo cute, oh I hope we get to meet Ruby one day!!!!We had our computer in the shop& got it back and I thought I should check blogs because I hardly ever do and I saw Amber's and then your mom's and died when your mom said she was a grandma so I found yours!!!! YEAH! Congratualtions, I just still can't believe it!It seems like not so long ago you were in Young Womens:):) I really miss you guys!!! Love you, love you and you are a fabulous mother(your posts crack me up, your still so funny:) and have an adorable baby and family!!!! Love, Julie Smith

☂niki. said...

your last comment was so sweet. thank you.

i met your sister earlier this week. she's a doll.

☂niki. said...

here's some answers to your questions my dear...

everything i've ever gotten at old navy has been from the actual store. i just recently purchased a bunch of baby stuff that was on sale but i think most everything got picked over real quick. i don't see the blue striped dress online anymore but they do have a bunch of cute stuff on sale online right now. check it out.

i've only gotten stuff from DEB online but my two polka dot dresses are from a year or more ago. most of my clothes on www are old...i haven't had much extra cash for shopping lately.

and lastly, those headbands are in the baby section at target. you know the 'just one year' line? they're by the newborn shoes. i was just there today and saw them. i thought of you:) it comes in a four pack. a lacy white one, a lacey yellow one, and then two think polka dot ones. i think it was like $5 bucks for the set.

hope that helps!

Cam and Mele said...

Oh girl I was hurting for and that precious one while reading this! Did they find anything after the second round of tests?

xoxo.