Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Family Birthday and a Blessing

Two days ago, the 7th, was mine and the hubby's one year anniversary! A few weeks ago I read on this lovely blog that they call anniversaries a Family Birthday. I just love that! Since it was on a Sunday we couldn't go out and do anything, so on Friday afternoon we dropped Ruby off at my parent's house and headed up to Payson for the night. It was so much fun, we went out to eat, saw a movie, antique shopped, actually slept through the night, and just enjoyed having one another's undivided attention. However, it was really hard for me to leave my Lovey. I made it as far as my parent's driveway before I broke down in tears. Albert tried to tell me we could take her, but I knew we needed time together so i had my few moments of sadness and we were on our way.

On our actual family birthday, Sunday, we saw no better way to celebrate than to bless our Lovey in church!
It was such a special day.
My wonderful husband blessed our little girl,
she wore my blessing dress which my great-great-grandpa, so her 3-great-grandpa, bought me,
and we were surrounded by so many family and friends.


Four generations:
My Grandma Millican
My Mother
Me
Ruby

The Hubby's parents and two of his siblings even came over from California!
(For those looking at Albert and his parents and thinking what the?!...he's adopted)
It was a wonderful day.
Good friends, good family, good food.
We got to witness the power of the priesthood,
feel the love of all those who have helped us get where we are in our lives,
and most importantly, be a part of the greatest blessing we have been given:
our family.
We couldn't have asked for anyone more perfect.





7 comments:

allie said...

So so sweet! I love the family birthday thing.. ours is tomorrow... THREE YEARS?!? and TWO kids.. YIKeS we need to slow down lol. You guys are just the cutest ever. So happy for you. Ruby is so adorable. Can't wait until our babies can play together!

Sundevils said...

and you got some beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing the pictures, friend =)

Alexa Mae said...

Oh Erica, she is really the most beautiful baby girl ever. Love that tan skin, she looks like a little doll. You look absolutely gorgeous and I just adore you. Happy Family Birthday! xoxo

☂niki. said...

your little girl is just a precious doll baby. congratulations. isn't it wonderful?

i gave your email to my sil. she'll be in contact soon.

☂niki. said...

which of the virgins is your sister?

and yes, let me know when you will be at pageant!

Cam and Mele said...

My heart just melted going through all of your pictures of that amazing little beauty you have there!
I love her name, and live her beautiful
color!!
Ps I'm so glad you commented...I totally know you, how?? I am always embarrassed to ask that question because I know I should know!

Cam and Mele said...

That's it!!!! Last night when I was writing I kept wanting to ask if you were in my stake because Girls Camp came to mind...but now I know why!
were you in her line also, or am I just pushing my memory??

PS. "stalkerazzi" LOL. Well now I am so doing that to you, because your family is to cute to resist!!