Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wanted: Dishwasher

Ok...I get that this neighborhood was built in the fifties.
I get that we live in a "Historic District," and I'm cool with that.
But when you own some apartments in 2010, can you please, please, PLEASE update and put in a dishwasher?!
Washing dishes is the bane of my existence. I loathe it. I'd rather have the fleas of a thousand camels infest my armpits than wash dishes by hand. Which results in this:

And then I spend forever washing them all, which leads to this:

...and this...

....AND this...

Call me lazy, but I'd much rather spend 5 minutes loading those suckers into a dishwasher and spend the other 85 staring at my cute child. There's an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back.
And...before you think it, because I know you were about to...I am well aware of the ghetto-ness that is our kitchen "curtains." Being able to see out a window when it's dark outside makes me practically wet myself with fear so this was our quick fix when we first moved in. 2 months later and we're still rockin' it. I'll get real ones someday...

3 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I didnt know you guys had a blog! I'm glad you found us....your little Ruby is way cute!!!

Leticia Clarkson said...

Ok, so you are super cute! I totally need to get to know you better. So glad you found me in the bloggersphere!

Alexa Mae said...

We had to go sans dishwasher for about a month. it was horrid. although back in the day, we always did dishes by hand but once you have a dishwasher you can't go back. you are so cute erica!!