Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Big Birthday Party For A Big Birthday Girl

This weekend we threw a birthday carnival for my birthday girl.
It was weeks in the making and in my opinion, it went smashingly!
I bought a kit on Etsy which allowed me to print off everything and put it together.
Invitations, decorations, party hats, signs, and pretty much everything else you need for a carnival birthday.
I was exhausted after it was over, but it was so worth it!

Ps: I never thought I'd be that mom that throws the massive party for their kid that won't even remember it. But I am, and I loved how it all turned out!

The birthday girl coming out to see her party

I love this dress I found in an antique store a few weeks ago. The red and white stripes reminded me of a vintage circus

The dessert table, and a very festive great grandpa.



I LOVE how her cake turned out, and I kept the mini banner to put in her baby book. 

Carnival games



 Awesome friends making popcorn and cotton candy, which was a hit!


 Rubes loved the bean bag toss we made

We also set up a photobooth with tons of fun props for the guests to take pictures, and I'm going to send them out with the thank you cards. It was a big hit!



And this awesome couple flew in from California JUST for Ruby's party! How amazing is that?!
Kristen is one of my best friends and Ruby's godmother (ya ya, I know Mormons don't really have godparents, but whatever, Ruby does, and Kristen is amazing at it.)
(ps I don't know why these look so washed out on blogger, they look normal otherwise)
Ruby was showered with lots of great presents from friends and family, and then we stripped her down to her skivvies and let her have at her cake!



Which she obviously really enjoyed!


I really couldn't have been happier with the way it all turned out.
Everyone seemed to have a great time, kids and adults alike, and despite Ruby being super tired and clingy, I think she had a fun time too.

We love our Ruby girl!

7 comments:

ConnieB said...

darling darling party/pictures! Love it.

Also, thanks so much for entering my giveaway- your sweet comments and support. It means a lot! (:

Alexa Mae said...

That is the cutest party ever!! Great job Erica! Your little ruby is the most darling little thing.

Thank you for you sweet sweet comment! It means the world and I am so grateful for your support. xoxo

Leticia Clarkson said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G job! Wanna know what we did for our boys first b-day? Went to dairy queen, that's it. I appreciate the on-the-ball mom! You are awesome!

mandyface said...

guuurl you threw one heck of a party! hawt. loooove me some ruby blue!

{love, mj.} said...

oh my gosh its ADORABLE! I Love her party! way to go!

kali and kason said...

cute party for a cute girl! what etsy shop did you get that from? love it! we really need to get together soon!

Unknown said...

how cute was that party?!!!! love how everything looked! can't believe the little cutie is ONE!!