Monday, June 21, 2010

My Love

To My Love,

I know this is a day late, and you'll probably never see this because you don't read my blog, but I want to say it anyway:

I love you.

Yesterday was your first official Father's Day with a child. Last year didn't count, since I was pregnant and sick as a dog and wrote "get yourself The Office Season 5. Happy Father's Day" on the bottom of the grocery list because I was too lame and sick to go myself. But of course, as is your style, you didn't utter a word of complaint. I tried to make this Father's Day much better for you, especially because it was your birthday as well.

Happy Birthday My Love.

You have made me happier than I ever thought I could be. You loved me when I thought I was broken. You love me so much now even when I don't deserve all the love you give me. You are patient, kind, generous, humble, smart, funny, handsome, and you make me....MORE ME.

You are an amazing father to Our Lovey. You have exceeded all of my expectations for you as a father. I knew you would be a good dad, but you are even better than I could have ever imagined. The love you have for our little girl amazes me every day, and she loves you so much. She told me :)
Thank you for everything you are as a husband, father, priesthood holder, and as my best friend.

Happy Father's Day and Happy Birthday My Love!

1 comment:

ConnieB said...

How sweet is this!

LOL that's so funny about last father's day- hey, understandable!