Monday, July 12, 2010

Slowing Down Time

...is the name of the game lately. Or at least I'm trying to, considering Miss Ruby is almost SIX MONTHS OLD! Ugh. Just saying that makes me sad. Where did she get permission to grow up?! She started rolling over just before her 5 month mark, and now she's eating "solid" foods. Does rice cereal and oatmeal count as solid? Eh, if you ask me, if it's not boob juice or formula it's solid, and it is so weird actually feeding her with a spoon. I feel like she's 5 months going on 5 years and she's already too old! The first time I tried rice cereal she didn't really like it...


The second time went a little better, although I think more ended up her nose than in her mouth...(ps...look. at. those. BOOBIES! ha! kills me...)

The third time we tried oatmeal, and it went really well! She was lunging for the spoon and yelling every time she would take a bite, My Love and I were just dying!

I love this little girlie more than anything, I just want her to stay my little lovey forever! I mean honestly....couldn't you just eat her up?!


And lastly, have I ever shown how Lovey sleeps? I don't think I have. It's absolutely hysterical. Ever since she was born she would sleep with her arms up by her head like a goalpost, but at around 2 months she started doing this:

She tucks them under her head! Not next to, UNDER! That's how you know she's really relaxed is when those arms get up behind her head. Ahhh this girl...she is the cuteness

3 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Miss Ruby is ADORABLE and I love how she sleeps...so cute! :)

Steoffrey said...

her eyes are gorgeous! shes going to get everything she wants, as if she doesn't already i assume! :)

as for the nursing thing- it just wasn't workin for us i guess. between the first 3 day bottle feedings and no nursing permitted during her nursery stay (im still livid at the nurses.), to her being VERY pro-bottle (and stubborn!), to us getting thrush, to geoffs work providing similac for us, we only lasted 3 weeks.

baby number 2 though wont even know what a bottle is, i'm already pep-talkin myself. :)

JMay said...

omg look at the simle, she's so cute!!!