Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tender Moments Part 2

As a mother, and specifically as Ruby's mother, I am constantly having little tender moments that remind me how good my life is.

She shows me everyday, in her own little way, how much she loves and relies on me.

Lately, I've been especially grateful for the tender moments she shares with her daddy.

Ever since she was born, if they're together and they're quiet, I can count on walking in to see that they've fallen asleep together or she's fallen asleep on him.

And not just together, but always in some cute cuddly fashion.

Ruby doesn't cuddle. Unless she doesn't feel good, THEN she'll cuddle with me. Any other time, forget it(although I wish she would)

I'm not exaggerating when I say he is the ONLY person she does this with. He's the Ruby Whisperer.






(same shirt, different days)
And just today I walked in from Visiting Teaching to find this. He's got a way with her

Ruby sure loves her daddy

10 comments:

The Neels said...

Those are so precious. I especially love the last one with her hand next to his lips. It brought tears to my eyes.

allie said...

Oh gosh that is so precious! You are one lucky mama! :o)

Hillary said...

Too precious! Loved the pics!! :)

Brian and Brianna said...

Hey thanks for the nice comment! Your little Ruby is so precious! I got my shower curtain at Target :)

Unknown said...

presh.

Kelli said...

That is so sweet. She is so beautiful!!! I can't believe she is sitting up. I can't get Maddox to eat cereal or roll over. I hope you are doing good! Lets play soon!

justin & mallory coffman said...

Oh my gosh Erica....this could not get any sweeter! And could Ruby's outfits be any dang cuter????!!!

Cam and Mele said...

I can't believe how big Ruby is! I've missed a ton,which means I have lots to catch up on!;)
Thank you for your sweet comment...I'm better than ever;)

Porter and Karla said...

I could just nibble on those cheeks of hers....goodness she is cute!!! A daddys girl already, how adorable:)

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

oh my goodness! that is the sweetest thing ever! i love it!