Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Miracle

Yesterday was a terrific day. Besides the fact that I am doing MUCH better (knock on wood, right???) and can keep stuff down/generally feel better, I went to my obgyn and got to hear the heartbeat!!!! It was fantastic. I didn't know if I'd be able to because I'm just 10 weeks but we did! My mom went with me because Mr. Holmstrom was at school and of course she cried. I was just in shock, that galloping noise was the best noise I have ever heard. Music to my ears. I have been saying for weeks that if I could just have an ultrasound or hear the heartbeat or SOMETHING then maybe I would be in better spirits because I'd have some sort of justification for being so sick. Sure enough, my spirits are way up. Soaring. There is a BABY inside me! It makes everything this past month seem much more bearable and worth it. I am so excited. I go back in 4 weeks, and then 4 weeks after that we'll be able to try to see the gender! Wow. This is all so incredible. I'm having a baby!!!!

PS: I'm huge. At only 10 weeks I could not figure out why I'm showing so early. I mean already I definitely look pregnant. However, my mom read today that women who are short and have a short torso aka ME show pretty early since there's no vertical room for the baby to fill.
Translation: I'm going to be GINORMOUS!!

2 comments:

Sundevils said...

you dont actually have a baby inside of you... it's a kumquat =)

allie said...

LOVING IT!