Monday, July 6, 2009

Conversations of a Sick Pregnant Woman and Her 12 Year Old Husband

Hey, I'm back! Back from the dead that is. Geez louise I bet after that last post you all thought I just couldn't have any more fun, rrriiiiigggghhhhttt??? I knew it. Well think again my friends, because this post is coming to you after a 4 day hospital stay last weekend and a 3rd ER visit on Independence Day. That's right folks, it just doesn't get any better than this. However, after all the venting, and crying, and feeling sorry for myself (which, ok i'll admit, still happens occasionally) I have really REALLY been trying to keep my spirits up, even when everything I eat is coming up too. :O)

Anyway, I have decided that Mr. Holmstrom and I have some funny conversations when I am weak and sick and barely lucid. Did I use that term right? I don't know why I'm sharing this, but it gives a little insight into our cooky world we live in. Both of these happened Sunday for example.

Me: g rated, lying half dead on the couch, puke bowl/water/half empty roll of toilet paper next to me.
Mr. Holmstrom: scavenging the kitchen for anything to eat, since I haven't cooked in months. Seriously.

Mr. Holmstrom: farts. "I'm sorry I just keep farting."
Me: in my head: ya right, you've been doing it all night and day. out loud: "it's ok honey, i fart too."
Mr. Holmstrom: "i KNOW."
Me: coming to my own defense. "hey! mine don't smell, and they're silent!"
Mr. Holmstrom: "neither do mine! but they're just so loud! It sounds like I'm stepping on a duck." proceeds to make farting noise over and over. and it really DID sound like stepping on a duck!
Me: quietly roll my eyes

A little while later, the hubby sits behind me and holds my shaking body as I throw up the yogurt I ate 20 minutes earlier.

Mr. Holmstrom: "that smells good."
Me: "ya, it tastes just like it did going down too."
Mr. Holmstrom: "that's good..."
Me: continues to vomit...

Needless to say, we are awesome. And slightly disgusting.

4 comments:

allie said...

LOL! oh my heck I'm crying laughing! Thanks for sharing that! I can totally picture you two in those conversations. I hope your still doing better. FYI- if you can keep your food down for 20 seconds, that is all the time your body/baby needs to get the nutrients the baby needs. CRAZY huh? Not sure the source but I hear it from a sister in law who heard it from her sister or friend who got it from her doctor? Maybe?!? Something like that. Anywho! Love ya girl! We need to get together when you feel up to it!

Malia said...

Hello! Not a blog stalker, we went to high school together so that makes this a high school reunion, right? :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting!
What wonderful news :)

Stefanie said...

you seriously crack me up. when in doubt, always laugh! even when you're puking. seriously i can't think of anything worse than puking your guts out and going to the hospital..you're tough!

Kassi Moyers said...

beautiful. i cant wait to be pregnant and see how logan deals with me.